Founder of the Longevity Health Institute and Lewerenz Medical Center, Dr. James Lewerenz has been named one of Detroit’s Top Docs of 2019 by Hour Detroit Media, publisher of Hour Detroit magazine. This honor is exclusive to the area, and top docs are nominated by and voted upon exclusively by M.D.s and D.O.s in southeastern Michigan. Dr. Lewerenz’s honor comes under the category of primary care and family practice.
Whole-Body Wellness Through Functional Medicine
Functional medicine is the backbone of Dr. Lewerenz’s practice. By identifying and addressing the root cause of disease, especially chronic disease, he helps patients achieve total wellness. Functional medical care is about determining why a set of symptoms exist at all and treating them at the source.
Dr. Lewerenz’s approach is patient-centered. There is no one-size-fits-all medicine, no here-is-a-prescription medicine at the Longevity Health Institute or Lewerenz Medical Center. Careful diagnosis, long-term solutions, and whole-body wellness are the tenets of functional medicine.
“I am honored to be named a Top Doc by Hour Detroit magazine,” says Dr. Lewerenz. “My goal is to provide all my patients with the best, personalized medical services available in southeastern Michigan. Utilizing functional medicine techniques and state-of-the-art treatment options allows me to focus on each patient to truly provide individualized, personalized care.”
Holistic Medical Care in Rochester and Madison Heights
Dr. Lewerenz gives his patients concierge medical treatment, offering them same-day access to his services, unhurried doctor visits, personal communication, minimal waiting time, phone or text consultations, and even in-home visits.
A comprehensive, holistic wellness plan begins with a doctor who honors your needs, particularly when it comes to:
- Preventive medicine: Disease prevention is as important as disease treatment. Dr. Lewerenz doesn’t only want to see you when you’re sick, he wants to see you when you’re well so, together, through preventive medicine, you can work to maintain good health and avoid illness and chronic disease.
- Alternative cancer treatment: The mainstream approach to cancer is chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery, but alternative cancer treatments can work in conjunction with traditional treatment for the best results.
- Digestive health care: The digestive system is at the root of so many chronic diseases and autoimmune conditions. Dr. Lewerenz can help you improve your digestive health through lifestyle changes, not medication.
- Thyroid therapy: The thyroid is the regulator of body and mind and, when it misfires, it can wreak havoc, masquerade as other health problems, and make it difficult to find total wellness. Thyroid therapy covers all the bases to get to the root of your health problem.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Hormone health is always up for debate but, when handled properly by an experienced doctor like Dr. Lewerenz, hormone replacement therapy can be designed to work in tandem with lifestyle changes for full-body wellness.
Schedule Your Appointment with a Michigan Functional Medicine Practitioner
Dr. Lewerenz is a board-certified physician with a degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. He is an active staff physician at Beaumont Hospital, Botsford Hospital, and St. John Hospital, an Assistant Clinical Professor at MSU, and active member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging and Restorative Medicine, American Academy of Osteopathic Medicine, American Medical Association, and American College of Osteopathic Physicians. His training has included a functional medicine fellowship and preceptorship with some of the best pioneers in wellness and functional medicine.
Longevity Health Institute is in Rochester, Michigan, and the Lewerenz Medical Center is in Madison Heights, Michigan. Schedule your appointment today with Dr. James Lewerenz and discover how functional medicine and his expertise can guide you to your best self. Feel healthy, vibrant, strong, and happy with full-body medical care.